Our outdoor volleyball program offers outdoor training sessions, private lessons and 2 on 2 tournaments. We provide opportunities for boys and girls from age 8-18. See info on this page for details and registration info. For any questions, please contact either:Mike Harrington @ email@example.com or Dave DeJesus @ firstname.lastname@example.org
South County is committed to high quality coaching. We bring in some of the top doubles players and coaches in the area to teach outdoor skills and strategies!
- Outdoor volleyball is a great way to improve all of your skills since there is no specializing.
- Competing 2 vs 2 develops you physically and mentally as an athlete.
- You WILL become a better indoor player after a season of outdoor volleyball.
- Playing volleyball in the sand or grass is a great workout.
- Sand doubles volleyball is one of the fastest growing NCAA women's sports in the country.
- Great way to spend time outdoors with your friends.
- Trained over 500 athletes in our beach club since 2015.
- Host the largest and most competitive juniors outdoor volleyball tournaments in the area.
- South County Beach Club members travel out of region to compete. Our players have competed in (RI, MA, CT, NH, ME, NY, MD, VA, CA, WI, FL)
- Players from the club have qualified and competed in National Events (AVP, USAV, VA, EPT)
- Indoor coaches are quick to comment how much our players have improved after a season of beach volleyball.
1. Read the program description and decide which program is right for you.
2. Renew or purchase your AVP membership (required to participate in the program. $25 annual membership fee for Silver membership or $40 for Gold membership). Print proof of membership
3. Complete registration link
South County Competitive Boys and Girls Grass League- (CURRENTLY FULL - email email@example.com to inquire about any openings) Must have prior competitive playing experience. Recommended for players ages 13-18. Boys and Girls looking to improve their skills through weekly instruction and competitive matches. Players will move up or down divisions each week based on previous weeks results. We will have awards for our division winners at the end of the season. We had over 130 players participate last season! Separate divisions for boys and girls.
Wednesdays and Fridays on grass fields at BroadRock Middle School in SK or West Bay Christian Academy in NK. June 3 until beginning of August. Time will be 5:00pm-7:30pm (Schedule may change- please confirm with the sportsengine mobile app)
Cost is $375.00 per player. This includes 12 nights of league play, coaching, two SC Beach uniform shirt, free entry into all of our grass tournaments, prizes and invite to season ending cookout. Players can choose their partners each week or will be assigned a partner of similar ability. Schedule can be found on our our team page or the sportsengine mobile app "SCVB Grass League", "SCVB Grass League 14's" or "2022 Boys Grass League"
South County Boys and Girls Outdoor Volleyball Training Club- for boys and girls ages 8-16
We will use grass courts for these sessions. Most practices will be held at West Bay Christian Academy located at 475 School Street in NK, RI.
Along with their instruction, each players will receive a brand new beach volleyball and a uniform shirt.
Schedule can be found on our sportsengine mobile app "2022 SCVB Outdoor Training Club". Please download the app and follow this team for schedule and season updates.
South County Jrs Beginner/Intermediate Sand Volleyball Camps - August 1st - August 4th. Our sand camps are all 4-day camps and run from 8:30am - 11:30am. We use the courts at West Kingston Park on Rt 138 in SK, RI. We may also use some grass nets at the same location. Our outdoor camp coaches will all be experienced outdoor volleyball players and coaches. Parking and bathrooms on site. Kids will need to bring a light lunch and plenty of water. Sunscreen is also required.
Cost is $110.00 per camp.
Intermediate: For our players with some volleyball experience that want to train to play 2 on 2 volleyball. Ages 13-16
Beginner: For our youngest volleyball players who want to learn and continue to develop their volleyball skills. Ages 8-12
To find and follow our schedule, please download the sportsengine mobile app and follow "SCVB Sand Camp"
Private Team Lessons:
Lessons are available only to teams of 2. We will allow up to 3 teams maximum to train at a private lesson together. Coaches will work on individual skills and team strategies. Players can choose to train on sand or grass courts.
one team of 2 = $60 per/hour for SCVB club members only
two teams of 2 = $80 per/hour for SCVB club members only
three teams of 2 = 100 per/hour for SCVB club members only
* Non SCVB members can also sign up for private lessons through our club. Please email to inquire about availability and pricing.
The cost for these lessons are for outdoor trainings. We can also accommodate indoor lessons for this rate plus the cost of the gym rental. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if interested in scheduling.
South County Jrs. Grass Volleyball Tournaments -
See our 2 on 2 Tournament page for full schedule and instructions on how to register. TOURNAMENT PAGE
Contact us for pricing and info on how to become a sponsor.